GIAMBATTISTA VALLI collects, processes and protects your personal data when you visit our website or when you purchase products through our website, as required by data protection laws in force in the countries in which we operate, including the European General Regulation on Data Protection (Regulation 2016/679, known as the ‘GRDP’). This Policy applies to the Site.
The below policy on privacy and data protection explains, in all transparency, how GIAMBATTISTA VALLI collects, processes, keeps, uses and shares the personal data of the users (you) who browse GIAMBATTISTA VALLI’s Site and access its services.
GIAMBATTISTA VALLI ensures the most appropriated protection measures are enforced and seeks to protect your personal data as much as possible, especially against any type of illicit usage.
If additional information is needed on data privacy, you can refer to the CNIL website CNIL (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés) www.cnil.fr.
1/ WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The liable entity is in charge of defining how and for what purposes your personal data are used.
The liable entity in charge of managing your personal data is:
GIAMBATTISTA VALLI SAS
30 rue Boissy d’Anglas
2/ WHICH PERSONAL DATA ARE COLLECTED
GIAMBATISTA VALLI might collect and store the type of data listed below:
- your Name,
- your First Name,
- your Address,
- your Email,
- your Phone Number,
- your User ID and associated password,
- your IP address, your connection and browsing data,
- all information related to your buys and orders on the Site (such as product type, quantities and prices, order history, potential delivery issues and past claims),
- the product pages you browsed on and when, the type of actions you performed on the Site (such as add a product to cart),
- your personal information publicly and openly shared with us (for instance when you share your opinion on GIAMBATTISTA VALLI on our social networks),
Data flagged with asteriks must be shared to access specific services. If you do not want to fill or share this information with us, when they are required for any transaction on the Site, we will not be able to proceed and this may prevent you from accessing our products or services.
Some information is directly collected from you and are linked to your personal actions on the Site (for instance when you create a personal account and ill in a form). Other information about you is collected indirectly when you visit the Site (notably cookies to improve your experience on the Site). Last, information can also be shared with us by third parties (for instance when you publish information about GIAMBATTISTA VALLI’s products or services on third party social networks).
3/ WHEN ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
GIAMBATISTA VALLI might collect your personal data when you perform the below actions:
- you create a personal account on our Site,
- you place an order or buy a product from our Site or one of our stores,
- you browse our Site and access some product pages,
- you write a comment or specific message on our site, when possible,
- you return or ask to exchange one or several products,
- you reach out to our customer service,
- you add comments on products or services related to GIAMBATTISTA VALLI on our social networks or on websites or social networks operated by third parties,
- you subscribe to our newsletter or our commercial mailing list,
- you ask for a tax refund in one of our stores.
4/ HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The processing of your personal data that GIAMBATTISTA VALLI performs is based on our obligation to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. It is also based on the need to fulfil the contract of sale with you, to provide you with the website or any other online service that you have requested or, legitimate interests linked to GIAMBATTISTA VALLI (such as the Site security, preventing potential frauds, improving our customers experience without jeopardizing their interests or rights). We can also build on our legitimate interest in making sales and fulfilling our commitment to provide you with uninterrupted after-sales services and high-quality, long-term customized service. Consequently, GIAMABTTISTA VALLI mainly uses your data for the below purposes:
- Order process, delivery and follow up (notably regarding invoicing),
- Customer experience and relationship (notably regarding your personal account, answer your questions and manage your potential claims) and continuously improve the level of service we offer,
- Continuous improvement of our Site, its content, its integrity, its accessibility and its security (some data would for instance be collected to ensure our Site security and prevent from any malware intrusion),
- Fraud prevention or any other reprehensible act that could potentially impact the integrity of the Site (personal data are for instance processed to ensure the security of payments and deliveries),
- Unpaid debts and litigation,
- Statistics compilation and financial and business studies on our products to better understand our customers and monitor our Site performance (e.g. number of pages viewed, number of connections to our Site, frequency of visits),
- Transactions history and other commercial material to comply with judiciary, administrative or audit purposes,
- Better understand your interests and preferences so that we can offer personalized offers and other services that better meet your needs and wishes,
- Information about our latest collections, products, campaigns and other events, by sending you GIAMBATTISTA VALLI communications, or personalized communications based on the products viewed or purchased on our Site.
5/ TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
GIAMBATISTA VALLI might disclose parts of your personal data in the following cases:
With necessary service providers or suppliers who help us operate our website and conduct our business, complying with the context described above and in particular:
- Partners in charge of managing GIAMBATTISTA VALLI commercial campaigns (e.g. for targeting purpose);
- Partners in charge of hosting our Site;
- Partners in charge of orders management and payments.
With selected commercial partners, with your consent (notably with third parties organizing events conjointly with GIAMBATTISTA VALLI);
GIAMBATTISTA VALLI may also be obliged to transfer personal data to third parties if authorised authorities so request, in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
6/ HOW LONG WILL WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
GIAMBATISTA VALLI will retain your personal data for a reasonable amount of time, relevant and necessary to perform the tasks mentioned and explained above, or to comply with local regulation.
Please find below for how long your personal data will be retained:
- Prospects personal data (Site users that do not place an order) are kept for the reasons stated above for 3 years after their last action on the Site;
- Customers personal data (Site users who purchased at least one product on the Site) are kept for the above reasons for 7 years after their last action on the Site.
Data is then stored and archived and might be used, in accordance with the regulations in force (payments, litigation, disputes) until prescription applies.
Data will then be erased.
If you wish to get more information on how we handle and for how long your personal data is kept for a specific reason, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
7/ WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARDS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Complying with the regulations in force on personal data management (GRDP articles 15 to 22), you are allowed to exercise the hereunder rights:
- A right to access all your personal data stored with us;
- A right to rectify, update or erase all personal data you deem inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete;
- A right to data portability;
- A right to data erasure when,
- You no longer consent when it was a condition allowing your data to be processed;
- The management of the data you wish to suppress is illegal;
- The data is no longer necessary to achieve the expected goal;
- A right to restrict personal data processing;
- A right to oppose processing of your personal data;
- Fill in a complaint to the relevant supervisory authorities, here the CNIL via www.cnil.fr;
- Share instructions on how you wish your data to be treated once you are deceased;
- Pull out your consent at any time, when the data management is operated on the above basis.
To exercise the aforementioned rights, please contact GIAMBATTISTA VALLI SAS, 30 rue Boissy d’Anglas 75008 Paris or via email at email@example.com.
GIAMBATISTA VALLI might proceed with identity checks before handling your request, to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
8/ HOW PERSONAL DATA IS BEING TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE OF EUROPEAN UNION
GIAMBATTISTA VALLI’s website is hosted on web servers located within the European Union.
In the event where, to perform the tasks explained above, your personal data would be transfered outside of EU teritorry, in a country with lower security standards regarding personal data, GIAMBATTISTA VALLI will implement all necessary measures and actions to secure these transfers and guarantee the necessary level of protection to the data sent out to this country. The contractual terms validated by the European Commission on data personal data privacy would be enforced in case such transfers were to happen.
9/ HOW PERSONAL DATA FROM MINOR INDIVIDUALS ARE BEING PROCESSED
GIAMBATISTA VALLI’s Site is not intended for anyone below the age of 18 years old.
Consequently, GIAMBATISTA VALLI does not willingly collect personal data from minor individuals, without the consent of a parent or of a legal representative of the minor individual.
When placing an order on GIAMBATISTA VALLI’s Site, you guarantee being at least 18 years of age and being allowed to proceed with such a transaction.
GIAMBATISTA VALLI will erase all personal information regarding minors that would be shared with us.
If you keep using our Site, after the updates, you consent to these modifications.
While browsing on a website, users are advised the website might store informations through your browser, most of the time using cookies.
You can access and modify you cookie settings at all time: [:en]Cookie settings[:fr]Préférences[:]